Thursday, March 29, 2012

 MM Pro Matt Liller continues his quest to the MM Universe Pro stage. The 5'10", 220 lbs. law student has been planning his MM Pro debut assault for two years. Here's Matt's latest update. He calls it, "My Biggest Competition".

"This title has several meanings, and as we approach 11 weeks out from the Universe they all begin to become more prominent in my mind.

Meaning #1: The Universe, as a show, is undoubtedly the most important competition I've ever participated in. Pretty much every childhood dream I ever had involved competing as a professional athlete, and once I found competitive bodybuilding my goal was to become a pro. That goal was achieved in 2010, and every workout and every meal since then has been with one weekend in mind: June 15-16, 2012 in Miami.

Meaning #2: The other competitors I will be onstage with. The pro lineup is shaping up to be one of the best in years, with many former champions slated to compete. As of press time Morris Mendez is in, Ulisses Jr. is in, Antwuan Smith is in, Dickens Lambert is on the fence, Jeff Beckham is in, and Griffin Datcher III is in. ALL of these guys are top-tier bodybuilders that are VERY capable of winning the show. There are also some x-factors that might be there, including Korea's Chul Soon, who can shock the world.

Meaning #3: The REAL meaning - my biggest competition is myself. It truly doesn't matter what level you're on or how many titles you have, the real measure of "winning" a bodybuilding show is making your physique better than the last time. I can say with 100% certainty that I will be MUCH better than my last contest, and that is perhaps a larger "victory" than any trophy can reflect.

But don't get it twisted, this improved physique will be making several of the guys mentioned in #2 quite angry when I take "their" spot . . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment